How do I use the new TreeSync feature in Family Tree Maker 2012?
Family Tree Maker 2012 has a new feature that allows you to sync the information between your Family Tree Maker 2012 files and your Ancestry.com account. Once you upload and link your tree to Ancestry, the two trees can be synchronized so that changes made in one tree can be applied to the other tree automatically or manually. To link your trees please follow the instructions listed below.
This article discusses the following:
Downloading and Linking a File from Ancestry.com
- Open the Tree that you would like to upload and link with Ancestry.com. Select the Plan workspace in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the New Tree tab if it is not currently selected.
- Select the Download a tree from Ancestry option.
- Your online family trees will be displayed.
- Select the Request Download button next to the tree that you would like to download.
- The Download From Ancestry window will be displayed.
- Enter the name that you would like to save your file as and then click Continue.
- Your tree will begin to download. Note: This process may take up to a few hours depending on the size of your tree.
- When your tree is done downloading you will get a confirmation message. Press the Close button to return to your family tree.