Thursday, May 3, 2012

Why Use the Web Merge Feature ?

One feature that has become more important to me, is the Web Merge feature. I have talked about clean up that I might do afterward, but the driving force, and benefit to me, to use this feature is the "View Online" link that is available on the Citation Screen.

For my example, I will do a Web Merge with a link, from Ancestry.com that goes to a Find-A-Grave memorial page. The link is in the Right Hand Panel, of the Sources Workspace, with a specific Citation in the Center Panel.



Clicking on that link will take me directly to the Ancestry.com web page where the information came from.

Lesson Learned: This link has become very valuable to me, while doing the clean up of my Citations, My goal, is to have those links on as many Citations as possible.
________________________________________________________________ Copyright © 2012 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly