Friday, September 21, 2012

Find-A-Grave - Privatize someone's Photograph

The Family Tree Maker program, Version 2012, had a new Patch today (704). In that patch is a feature to HIDE or Privatize Media files. I have two types of Media files that I make Private. 1) the Web Search screen capture that I have discussed here, and 2) Photographs from the Find-A-Grave website that someone else took.

I want to be able to view the headstone from within the Family Tree Maker program, but I do not have permission to do anything with it. It's on the Find-A-Grave website, but now have the ability to NOT allow that photograph to be posted in my Ancestry Member Tree. The feature is a mouse click away.

On this blog post: 

Find-A-Grave - Create Source Template

 I showed this image. It's helpful for me, but now, with the 704 patch, I can privatize that image so that it will NOT appear in my Ancestry Member Tree (AMT). The Check Mark is in the lower right corner of the screen.



I also like to be able to include the image from the Find-A-Grave website, that I did NOT take, and include that in my database so that I can look at it. The same Private check mark is not available. I can see it, but it will NOT be included in my AMT.



_______________________________________________________________

Copyright © 2012 by H R Worthington

2 comments:

  1. This is great news! I've been waiting for this functionality ever since FTM 2012 was released!

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly