Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Find-A-Grave Source and Citation Summary

This is a summary of several blog posts on How I document information from the Find-A-Grave website. Some may consider this overkill, but that is OK. I have found that this works for me.
  • Following a Shaky Leaf that leads to a Hint pointing to the Find-A-Grave website. This link will include the steps to record a Citation the shows information that shows the Ancestry.Com State Index collection pointing to Find-A-Grave. I have chosen to Cite these indexes.

Find-A-Grave Citations - from a Shaky Leaf

  •  Linking on the Link to the Find-A-Grave website, how I cite the Find-A-Grave website.

Find-A-Grave Citations - From Find-A-Grave

  • I have decided to put all of my Sources into the Family Tree Maker Template Feature. This blog post will show the steps to follow to do so, for these Find-A-Grave citations.

Find-A-Grave - Create Source Template

  •  When following the Shaky Leaf and the use of the Web Merge feature, the Source will be in the Free Form or non-Template format. This blog post will help convert the Free Form format to the Template format

Find-A-Grave - Transfer Free Form to Source Template

  • The final step, for me, is to add headstone photographs to the Burial Fact and the Find-A-Grave Fact. These are only for photographs that I take. I do not use photographs provided on the Find-A-Grave website. This blog post will show how I create a Citation for my photographs and add MY photographs to those two facts 

Find-A-Grave - Add My Photos

  •  For those Find-A-Grave Memorials that I have created, below is how this is documented. Since the photograph was taken by me, it will be the Citation Media file

Find-A-Grave - My Memorial


 The steps in the above blog posts can be used for non-Find-A-Grave Sources and Citations.
_______________________________________________________________

Copyright © 2012 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly