Tuesday, October 8, 2013

FTM2014 - Sync Issue Patch (239 / 1239)

If you use FTM2014, PLEASE check to make sure you have the 239 (32 bit) 1239 (64 bit) patch. It is to help with any Sync Issues you may have had.

I am going to walk you through what I just did.

 When you start FTM2014, you will receive a message that there is an Update. Since I hadn't closed the program down, I didn't see it, I clicked on Help, and Check For Update. BUT before I do that update, I want to back up my FTM2014-1207 file.



I clicked on Tools, selected Compact File.



i want to include a BACK UP, before I install the Patch.


As I have posted before, part of the filename is the Version (2014) and the product version or release number (1207)


I do that so I know what version of Family Tree Maker created that Back Up.


 Back Up completed. Then Compacting takes place.


 I don't try to attempt to make it 0.00%, but I did this time. The Compact file does some file maintenance. That is the important piece.

I didn't capture the screens for the Update, as I have shown them in previous patches. I did, at the End of the Patch, verified that I was up to the 1239 version.



The update worked as expected. I did a TreeSync, and it worked as expected.

PLEASE update FTM2014, with the patch, to Version 239 or 1239.

_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2013 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly