Monday, April 28, 2014

FTM2014 - How I handle the Race Fact

There was an interesting question on one of the Family Tree Maker message boards. I thought that I would demonstrate a solution here. The issue is the Race Fact that you will receive from Ancestry.com when you do a Web Merge.

I have chosen to KEEP that fact when presented. The biggest reason is a Search Web page on Ancestry.com. It's in the Home Page, near the bottom right of that page.

African American Family History
http://landing.ancestry.com/aahistory/default.aspx

I have been about to find a female doing me search from there, because she was reported as "Mulatto".

There is some great information on that link.



_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2014 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly