If you need help with the update, here is a link for you;
There is ONE "update" that you need to be aware of. That is, when you use the Web Merge Feature, you MUST look very closely at ALL of the Facts that are being merged.
When merging, changed default to discard duplicate facts (even when different) rather than keep as duplicate alternate facts
In the past, when doing the Web Merge, and you had a Fact in your database and the same fact was included in the Web Merge, FTM2014 would usually select Alt Fact, meaning adding the New information for that Fact. We had the option to make the New Fact as Preferred, Alternate, or Discard the new Fact. The CHANGE is to make this "new" information as Discard. That may or may not be the choice you want to make.
I'll do another blog post about this, but I just want to make sure that you REVIEW the Web Merge SCREENs very carefully to make sure you Keep what you want to Keep.
For me, multiple / Alt Facts are a good thing, meaning you need to look at the information, evaluate what you have and make an informed Choice of the information in your database. Discard is not usually my choice.
The other "Enhanced Features" include;
- Added ability to edit sources from media link
- Improved display of fonts in high DPI settings
- Improved automatic naming of restored files to exclude "autobackup" text.
Stability & Performance Improvements
- TreeSync improvements- improved handling of media.
- Multiple crash fixes.
- New option for extended analysis during compact and added fixes for more potential errors
- Fixes to sorting of facts in Smart Story creation
- Removed TMG from list of supported file types to import (due to outdated implementation)
- Improved handling of notes in GEDCOM import
- Multiple fixes for errors with various reports
- 30+ additional fixes for a variety of bugs
Will probably do a couple more blog posts in this update when I have a chance to check them out. I just wanted to get the word out about the Web Merge setting and to really watch the Web Merge Screens when you use that feature.
Copyright © 2015 by H R Worthington
Post a Comment
Please post your comments here