Saturday, January 5, 2019

User Question - Create Source Template


A Reader's Question
I would like to learn how to CREATE Source Templates.

Answer:

You can NOT. The Source Template Feature is built into the program. I am suspecting that you might want to learn HOW TO USE the Source Template Feature. The Source Templates are very close to the EvidenceExplained Standards. It's a matter of selecting the Correct Source Template and filling in the Citation Details to complete the Reference Notes as described in EvidenceExplained.

The book is available on the Family Tree Maker website store.

I have a number of blog posts on this Topic.

REMEMBER:

What am I looking at

Where did I get it

The Keyword search uses the first 3 characters of your search screen, Source Workspace, Add, and New.

Blog posts on this Topic:

FTM2017 Sources Template

____________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2019 by Cousin Russ

5 comments:

  1. "TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2012
    Find-A-Grave - Create Source Template
    This is part of a series of Blog Posts dealing with the Find-A-Grave website. In this case, We are going to create a Source Template"
    I tried to form my question based on this post you wrote. Sorry. I have EE and I'm looking at it right now. My question was how you altered the source template in how you used it in the post about FAG and your do over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy,

      Thank you.

      It was a poorly worded statement in the blog post.

      "We are going to select and use a Source Template"

      Sorry.

      Russ

      Delete
    2. Judy,

      After re-reading that OLD Blog post, and making an edit, reflecting the SELECT a Source Template, I am also reminded that the Find A Grave website was completely updated.

      I will do a blog post on how I use the New Find A Grave website.

      Here is what a Reference Note looks like from one of my re-done entries in FTM2017

      Find A Grave, database, Find A Grave database and images (https://www.findagrave.com : accessed 02 September 2018), memorial page for [ name of person ] (21 Nov 1789-2 Aug 1846), Find A Grave Memorial no. [ ####### ], citing Old Saint Pauls Cemetery, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Maryland, USA ; Maintained by Find A Grave.

      The Source Template used is

      Online Database (Cemetery Derivative)


      Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. Yes! Thank you! I didn’t want to choose the wrong source template and get off on the wrong foot while trying to follow you in that Genealogy Do-Over/Go-Over video re Find A Grave citations. Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy,

      Sorry for the confusion from 6 years ago. Hopefully I corrected the "miss information" that I initially had on that blog.

      Good luck,

      Russ

      Delete

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly