Thursday, November 5, 2020

Reader Question - FamilySearch Citations

Reader question:


When I import from a FamilySearch tree the details of attached sources seem to be in the wrong fields - ie every citation belongs to the same source "FamilySearch Family Tree". Is there a workaround to bulk edit attached sources from an imported FamilySearch to make them more useful?

Simple answer and only my Opinion. I do NOT use ANY FamilySearch Source nor Citation Information. [ Period ] I ALWAYS Rewrite ALL Source and Citation Information. I want and move ALL of this Source and Citation information to a Source Template and complete the Citation Detail field.

As you said, "FamilySearch Family Tree" is a Source Group and is populated when you do a Merge of information from FamilySearch.

No Workaround, sorry. I suggest moving that Source and Citation information into the Source Template Feature. I have many blog posts on the blog on how to do that. 


____________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2020 by Cousin Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly