Monday, November 25, 2019

Reader Question: One Photo, Many People


Here is the question:

DEAR ALL
I HAVE SEVERAL PHOTOS WITH UP TO FIFTY PEOPLE ON THEM AND WOULD LIKE TO IDENTIFY THE PEOPLE IN THEM BY SOME METHOD SO THAT THEY CAN BE EASILY CROSS REFERENCED TO A LIST OF NAMES. IT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED THAT I MAKE A GHOST OR OUTLINE PICTURE THAT I COULD NUMBER THE INDIVIDUALS SO THAT THEY COULD BE IDENTIFIED ON THE LIST , BUT I AM NOT SURE HOW TO DO THIS .
I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER MANY THANKS PATRICK
(first, please don't use all caps, it's difficult to read -- Thank you)

Actually, FTM2019 added a New feature, which I will have to blog about, where you can use ONE Image, and use that one image to be the Person Profile picture in Family Tree Maker. There may be a limitation as to how many you can do that for, my Max, so far, is 4. I have a photo of my grandmother, and 3 of her siblings, as young children.

I used that one photo, and selected each of the four children, and made a profile picture for them. Not additional photos are in the Media file.

You can do as you suggest. I have a FlipPal, which allows my to scan an image, then make a 2nd scan, and write a number of a name on that image.

https://worthy2be.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/flip-pal-mobile-scanner-sketch/

You still need to know who is in that photo.

The issue that you did not mention, is How and Where are you going to present or show that picture with 40 people in it.

The other option, probably an easier solution is to use the Media Description field in the Media Workspace, where you type in the Names by Row.

Back Row, Left to Right

Name 1, Name 2, Name 3.

Just like you would on the Back of that photo, in the good old days.

Russ
____________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2019 by Cousin Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly