Friday, March 4, 2016

An Observation in Ancestry Member Trees (AMT)

Not too long ago, FTM2014 "told me" that someone was using a number of my photos from my Ancestry Member Tree.

I noticed something unusual earlier in the week, but wasn't sure what it was. I had some activity in my online tree, that I hadn't done. I don't work on my file Online. All from within FTM2014. For the most part, they were my own photo's from other of my Online Trees. The Sync Report told me that they had been added to the Online Tree. I let it go.

BUT, I just had another SyncNow indication that there was activity in my Online Tree. Now, I have been working on my file most of the day, had even visited the Ancestry Member Tree a couple of times. What was going on >>>

Well. When I just ran the SyncNow feature and there was another image.


The good news it tells me that the image came from the online tree, I know who it was attached to, BUT, it says that I [ rworthington ] added the New Media File. Sorry, that is NOT my image.

I did go to the AMT and do know who has that image. Now, that should be good news, in that we both have the SAME person in our Online Tree.  The BAD NEWS is that "I Stole it" according to my SyncLog.

Ancestry has added that image to MY Online Tree. I know without MY permission, and I would guess without the other persons knowledge as well.

So, what I had been seeing earlier, people "stealing" my photos, was really Ancestry.com.

This is ONLY MY Observation and I am reporting what appears to be happening.

UPDATE:

I had observed this issue from within FTM2014 and blogged about it here


FTM2014 - Plan Workspace - Something to Watch for


Now I know HOW that happened.


_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2016 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly