It’s here! Family Tree Maker is BACK.
All of us here at Software MacKiev are happy to be taking up where Ancestry left off with Family Tree Maker, the most widely used family history software of all time. We have completed a small update to get the product back on the market and are pleased to let you know its available RIGHT NOW.
About our new FTM updates
We have started with Ancestry’s FTM 2014 and FTM Mac 3 and, as a company of engineers, we set our focus on stability and performance improvements. So we swatted down some bugs. And we made the application more responsive – you will find some actions that previously took minutes now take seconds.
We managed to sneak in just a few surprises, like 100 beautiful new backgrounds you can use to make professional looking charts and reports. And we’ve integrated a service for printing high resolution genealogy charts through the good folks at Family ChartMasters. It’s a modest start, but we hope you will be happy with our new updates.
We made sure that our new updates are completely compatible with the latest operating systems (Windows 10 and El Capitan). We’ve also made sure that your old trees will open seamlessly. That there is nothing to move. That your Ancestry account if you have one will continue to work with the new versions. And that TreeSync and all the other things you have come to like about FTM are still there for you.
Where to Buy... and more
See below how to get the updated editions, and some other information you may find useful.
Thanks to all of you who have welcomed us so warmly. It means a lot to us. A new chapter in Family Tree Maker’s long and proud history begins today!
FAMILY TREE MAKER
New FTM 2014.1 and Mac 3.1
New FTM 2014.1 and Mac 3.1
How to get the updated editions
What you will get and when depends on what FTM version you currently have:
1. Users of FTM 2014 and Mac 3: Hang in there! FREE updates are coming. They will be available in about a week or so through the built-in update feature. We will send you an email to let you know as soon as they are available.
2. Users of older FTM editions: No matter how old your copy of FTM is, or whether its running on Windows or Mac, you can download an upgrade for $29.95 (vs. $69.95 regular price). Click here to take advantage of this limited-time upgrade offer today.
3. New users: If you have never owned a copy of Family Tree Maker before, for a limited time, you can download a full edition from our online store for $49.95 by clicking here (vs. $69.95 regular price).
- Family Tree Maker users who do not currently have an Ancestry.com subscription, will be offered a 14-day free trial.
- If you would like a backup disc, you can purchase a CD in a jewel case for an extra $10 including shipping and handling.
Family Tree Maker®
1. FTM Home Page
Most everything you will need to know can be found on our Family Tree Maker home page:
There you can:
- Read our FAQ
- Provide Feedback
- Report a Bug
- Suggest a Feature
- Sign up to be a Beta Tester
- Learn about FTM
- Check the System Requirements
2. Technical Support
To get technical support for any version of FTM, please start here:
We are sharing responsibility for the rest of this year with Ancestry.com but the Software MacKiev support site is the best place to start. We’ll direct you from there to the right place to get the help you need.
3. Any Questions?
If you have questions for us, please first read our FAQ as we’ve tried to answer the most common ones there. If you don’t find the answer you are looking for in the FAQ, please send your question through our Feedback Form which you’ll find on our FTM Home Page (see #1 above). Thanks!