Thursday, October 10, 2019

FTM2019 - People Workspace - FamilySearch 2.0 - My Implementation

After looking into how I might use this new feature, I determined that I would review the FamilySearch Family Tree profiles, and do a Match, where appropriate.

In my database, I have identified each of my Direct Line Ancestors, End of Line. I have an End of Line Fact (marked Private) that I can Filter on and I have an Image that is an End of Line Ancestor's profile picture.

In reviewing the FamilySearch Hints, I chose only to Match those profiles where only ONE Hint was presented. As I recorded this video, I talk though this process.



It works for me. I already of about 15 Historical Record Hints from FamilySearch and can do a Web Merge for those historical records, as I have time.

Clearly  these Historical Records hints will be helpful.

A new "Cousin Bait" feature for me.
_____________________________________________________
Copyright © 2019 by Cousin Russ

5 comments:

  1. Thank you again for providing information on how to streamline our research process. Love the End of Line Fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What information do you enter at "end of line" fact?

    Thank you for your videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown,

      The Surname of that line. I have four lines, each of my grandparents

      Russ

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your videos!
    What information do you enter at "end of line" fact?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown,

      The Line "name" / a surname, One of my four (4) grandparent's surname.

      Russ

      Delete

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly