Monday, January 3, 2022

Preparation for the release of the 1950 US Federal Census - Bread Crumbs

Are you ready for the release of the 1950 US Federal Census ? Watch for this graphic, on this Blog, and DearMYRTLE's Blog and Facebook Groups as we will use this for the DearMYRTLE's CensusGenie branding.


This is the 6th Blog Post on what I am doing to be ready for the 01 April 2022 release of the 1950 U.S. Federal Census.

In the December CensusGenie, we looked at how to find your ancestor's 1950 Enumeration District (ED), before the Census Records are indexed. I spent some time trying to figure out HOW to use the information we learned and put that into FTM2019, so that I could get right to the Census Record, to the ED where I "might" find that person or family, in the 1950 Census. Knowing that I will probably have to, manually, view the Images to find the person or family that I am trying to find.

I will demonstrate the us of the One-Step Webpages by Stephen P. Morse

This Video will demonstrate HOW I will leave bread crumbs to that ED, with a click of a Mouse. Basically, that bread crumb will be in the Citation for the Residence Fact for 1950.


  

This is why I spent my preparation for this Census, collecting Census records, and Address information from many different records.

As I was recording this, I took another step. I could have use the Address Fact, profile by profile, but the next step was to use the "Bread Crumb" for one person, to everyone who may also have that address in their profile. The Household that I selected at random, gave me examples for what other Profiles I can leave that same bread crumb and who I would NOT use.

Because I use the Smart Filter Feature of FTM2019, I can then Filter OUT, every profile, where there is a Residence Fact DATE: of 01 April 1950. This is not included in this Video, but will probably do another Video on this Feature, as I have been using it during this process.

References: 

1 - Preparation for the 1940 US Federal Census on this blog already, can be found in the "Census1940" Label. The 1950 CensusGenie series will use the "Census1950" Label on the Left Column of this blog, or search for "1940census" or "1950census".


Myrt as a Tab on her Website for easy access to this project.


The usual schedule will be:

Weekly - 7 Apr 2021 14 Apr 2021 21 Apr 2021 
Monthly - May 2021 -Feb 2022 Weekly - Mar 2022 
Daily - Apr 2022 until we get the hang of the indexing. 

3 - Register once for this recurring Zoom Meeting. 

Dates for upcoming will appear below. For the most recent dates, be sure to see DearMYRTLE's Calendar located here:



5 Jan 2022
2 Feb 2022
2 Mar 2022
9 Mar 2022
16 Mar 2022
23 Mar 2022
30 Mar 2022
____________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2021 by Cousin Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly