Wednesday, August 11, 2021

FTM2019 and WikiTree

I have been a WikiTree user for a number of years, as I recall, from it's beginning. BUT I have not been doing much with it. 

After my experience with doing a Match with the FamilySearch website profiles, I have hint's from that website that I can see and use, as appropriate. With WikiTree there are NO Hints. BUT, it a source of documents / sources, that I might use in my own research. 

That is in addition to what documentation I might contributred. I also, as a Profile Manage, have a responsiblity, I think, to update those Profiles I manage. Also, those Profiles I don't manage, there may be documents I have not seen and/or used. 

What I created is a process in which I can SEE, in my Family Tree Maker File, that there is a WikiTree profile, for the FTM2019 Profile. This video explains that process.

  ____________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2021 by Cousin Russ

5 comments:

  1. how can create a wiki tree can you give me sume suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,

    Just head over to WikiTree dot com and they will help you. Great folk over there.

    Good luck

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE: 30 August 2021

    Project almost complete, but well worth the time.

    I have 90 Profiles in my FTM2019 Database. 61 of them, I manage the Profiles on WikiTree. Of those 61 I adopted 23 profiles that did not have someone managing the Profile. Those 23 are in my database.

    I have already seen the benefit of doing this effort, as WikiTree may have information that I don't have. I have seen that already, just haven't done anything with it. I also have information on some of the Adopted Profiles that I need to update on WikiTree.

    Just a different way to do "Cousin Bait"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post. I am trying to emulate your linkage between FTM and WikiTree. My question is "Did you use a source template when you set up that source in FTM, and if so, which template?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown,

      Absolutely

      Discussion Forum or List (Broadcast / Web Miscellanea)

      Russ

      Delete

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly