Tuesday, October 29, 2013

FTM2014 - List of ALL Existing Facts

Someone asked: How can I print a list of ALL Facts in my Family Tree Maker file?

I hadn't thought about that before. A question I would not have thought to look for nor ask about. What a pleasant surprise.

The first thing I did was to create a New Person who was unrelated to anyone. People Workspace and in the Tool Bar, selected Person, Add Person, Add Unrelated Person.

 This will bring up a New Person window where you select the Sex and Name the person.

For the lack of a better name AND it would appear in the Header of the Report, I called this person "All Facts"


Now over to the Publish Workspace, Person Reports, Select Custom Report



 This will generate a Custom Report. I only want to include "All Facts". Selected Individual is selected, and locate All Facts.



Selecting Items to Include (first ICON in the Right Hand Panel, will bring up the Items to Include Menu).

I only want the "Include only preferred facts, AND Include blank facts. No facts were entered for "All Facts":

The clicking on the Green Plus to the right of the list of FACTs will bring up the "Select Facts" window where Select All button is clicked.


 The result is, for me, a 3 page report.

What was really helpful for me in this All Facts report were Facts that I know I created, but it included some Facts that I hadn't thought about. Here is a short list of those the really jumped out at me.
  • Cremation
  • Disowned By Friends  *
  • DNA Markers
  • Excommunication
  • Hobby
  • Public Office
  • Reinstated By Friends *
* were Quaker Facts

I know that I have run across these facts in some of the records I have looked at. I printed this out and it is in my Family Tree Maker "How To" notebook.
_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2013 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly